The September Challenge starts today on the Craft Stamper blog. The theme of the challenge is 'Stamping on Tissue paper'.
This is my DT card for the challenge, below. The stamps I have used for my card are from a range I have designs myself called Designs by Georgina, and recently launched. I used two stamp sets, Clematis Elements and Peony Elements. These two stamp set and the other four from the range are available from my Designs by Georgina store on Etsy.
To make my card I first decorated the card base. I used a 148x148mm kraft card blank. I stamped the sentiment first with a Potted Soil Archival ink pad. I then stamped the large peony stamp onto the card with a Frayed Burlap Distress Ink pad. I cut a square from the centre of the card and added faux stitching with a Walnut Stain Distress pen. For the centre of the card I cut a square of light cream tissue paper. I stamped the mixed rectangle border onto the tissue with a Potted Soil Archival ink pad. I then attached this inside the card blank.
I stamped a selection of peonies and clematis flowers onto green and pink shades of tissue paper. I am going to use the green petals as leaves.
I cut out the flowers and scrunched then up for extra dimension.
I then attached the flowers to the card blank. I used very small pieces of double sided tape to attach the flowers. I cut out petals from the green stamped flower and used then as leaves.
For more details about the challenge, other DT cards or to enter, pop over to the Craft Stamper blog.
To make this project I started by painting a wooden frame with PaperArtsy Tinned Peas Fresco Finish paint. The frame I used was 15x15cm collage frame also available from The Artistic Stamper. Once dry I started added the stamped and coloured images.
I cut a square frame of white card to go around the edge of the frame. I stamped just the flowers onto the frame. I also stamped a large and two small flower pots. I used Distress Ink pads and Distress Pens to colour the flowers. To use the Ink pads I stamped the pad directly onto a tile. I added a little water so the ink could be used as a watercolour.
I stamped the flowers pot only onto dark grey textured card. For the smaller pots I didn't ink the text on the stamp so I just had the put outline. I cut out the pots and added them to the coloured flowers.
I cut a square of white card for the background. I coloured the card with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Ink pad. I added this to the frame and drew black faux stitching around the edge. I added the centre flower pot directly on the frame. The other two pots I added with foam pads. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the centre of the flowers and a black pearl to the top right corner.
A new Take It Make It Challenge for August has started on the Craft Stamper blog. The theme is to use your favourite technique for an 2014 issue of Craft Stamper. The technique I chose to use was 'The bleach blocking technique' by Hels Sheridan, July issue.
To create the card I started by cutting a panel of smooth white card. I coloured with card with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress ink pads. I then added the bleach blocking technique to the coloured panel. To do this I added water to a clear Distressing Tool pad and pressed it down onto the coloured panel. This removed the colour as shown below.
I then stamped the Butterflies with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad and coloured them with Copics. I cut out each butterfly. Once the background panel was dry I attached it top the card blank. I stamped the sentiment and black silhouette butterflies before attaching the coloured butterflies. To finish I added Stickles and clear Wink of Stella.