Monday 18 November 2013

Festive Gelli Plate part two - Claret red

I was so pleased with my first Gelli Plate snowflake Christmas card prints that I just had to do some more. My first cards where in shades of blue and can be seen here on my blog. For my next prints I used Paperartsy Fresco Finish paint in Claret. I thought this colour would be ideal for Christmas.

 
Below are the four cards I printed. The photo above shows a close-up of the first card below. The card blanks I used are 148x148mm Scallop Edge white cards from Craftwork Cards.
 
I added the Claret paint to the Gelli Plate with a brayer. I then stamped the snowflake stamp directly into the paint. I used The Artistic Stamper's Snowflake and Modern Christmas #1 stamp set for the snowflakes. I left a blank space on the card to add the sentiment. The sentiment is from The Artistic Stamper's Christmas Greeting #1 stamp set.
 
On my first card I heat embossed the sentiment and additional snowflakes. I used WOW! Opaque White embossing powder for the embossing.
 
 
For my second card I used the Gelli Plate to print all the snowflakes. I used just one size of snowflake on this card. For both this and my first card I cleaned the snowflake stamps between 'stamps'. By doing this each snowflake print is clearer.
 
 
My third card below I heat embossed the small snowflakes around the edge. The larger snowflakes in the centre circle were stamped into the paint. As you can see the snowflakes aren't as clear as my previous two cards, this was because I didn't clean the snowflake stamps after every 'stamp'.
 

For my forth card I didn't add new paint from the bottle to the Gelli Plate, I just added the paint that was already on my brayer. This has meant the background red colour is lighter than the other cards. I just used the largest snowflake on this card. The sentiment was heat embossed again with WOW! embossing powder.

1 comment:

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful selection of cards sweetie...
hugs and xxx
Gemma