Friday 25 April 2014

Beautiful Butterflies

I have three items to share with you today using a selection of lovely new stamps from Hobby Art. These were samples I made for this weeks show on Create and Craft.

The new Hobby Art stamps sets I used were Butterflies, Script Wording, Silhouette Grasses and Alphabet-typed.

My first items today is a card. I have used a brown colour scheme. This card could be used for both men and ladies. The card blank I used is a 148x148mm Elegance card blank from Craftwork Cards.




The main centre panel shape was the centre piece I popped out from my tunnel card sample (see next card sample). I used Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks to add colour to the panel first. I then stamping the images onto it using the same inks. I lightly stamped the Script first then Grasses over the top. I then stamped the Typed letter and lastly the butterflies. I used the Walnut Stain Distress Ink to colour the butterfly. To do this I stamped the ink pad onto an acrylic block and then added a little water so I could use the ink as a paint.
 

Before adding to the card blank I added a strip of ribbon across the card. To finish the card I added faux stitching, a brown faux pearl and a bow.
 

For my second card I used a Craftwork Cards Tunnel card blank. I cut a piece of smooth white card the same size as the background and coloured it with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Ink pads. I then stamped the Grasses stamp along the bottom in Forest Moss Distress ink and the butterfly silhouettes in Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad.
 

I stamped the butterflies using a Tuxedo Black Memento Ink pad onto smooth white card and coloured with Copics. I cut out all the Butterflies. I also stamped the sentiment which is included in the Butterflies stamp set.


 

I attached the butterflies and sentiment to the card blank. To the bodies of the butterflies I added brown Dimension Pearls. I also added black dots with a fineliner. To finish I highlighted areas with the Clear and Gold Wink of Stella brush pens.


 

For my final items I decorated an MDF heart. To start I covered the heart with Gesso. Once dry I added Inky Pool, Beach Hut and Bora Bora PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints for the blue background.


 

I stamped the grasses next with Fern Green and the lettering with Jet Black Archival ink pad. I highlighted areas of the grass with the Clear and Gold Wink of Stella brush pens. I stamped the butterflies with Jet Black Archival ink pad. I coloured them with Gold and Pink Wink of Stella brush pens. I attached just the body section to the heart so the wings would stand out. To finish I added Dimension Pearls to the butterflies bodies.


 

No comments: