Friday 4 July 2014

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge: July

The July blog challenge starts today on The Craft Stamper blog. The theme of the challenge is the Embossing Resist technique.

This is my DT card for the challenge.


To create my card I started by stamping the butterflies and sentiment with a VersaMark ink pad. The stamp sets I used were Flutterby by Katy Leitch and Journaling Words #1 both available from The Artistic Stamper. I then heat embossed the stamped images with a clear embossing powder, as shown below.
 

I then added different colours using Distress Ink pads and a blending tool.
 

The ink pads I used were  Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.
 

I then stencilled flowers onto the image using a Walnut Stain Distress ink pad and a piece of blending foam. The stencil I used was PaperArtsy Stencil 005 by Lin Brown. I also stencilled more flowers using PaperArtsy Stencil 004 by Lin Brown and Brayed Burlap ink pad.
 

I distressed the edges of the images with a paper distressing tool. I attached the image to a square of brown card and added small silver brads in the corners before adding to a square card blank.
 

For more details about the challenge or to enter pop over to The Craft Stamper blog

4 comments:

rachel said...

this looks awesome Georgina - love it! Hugs x

Tracy said...

Stunning card Georgina!!
Have a great weekend :-)
Xxx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Georgina...I would never have thought of stenciling...and the effect is so striking. I love the step x step too. A really beautiful card.
Dot x

Linda said...

Wow!! This is stunning Georgina ..... love the bright colours. xx